Sunday, August 26, 2012

31 Plays in 31 Days: #26 - "Moving Out"

With the switching up of roommates that's currently happening at my house, moving in and moving out has been on my mind. Here's a little piece that involves that theme.

Moving-Out


Day #26 - "Moving Out"

(BRAD is packing things in a box. SHANNON sits on the couch reading a magazine.)

BRAD: Almost done.

SHANNON: Glad to hear it.

BRAD: I’m completely out of the bedroom, but there’s still a good bit in the kitchen.

SHANNON: Better get on that.

BRAD: And, you know, some of the furniture is mine.

SHANNON: Oh, really.

BRAD: Not going to be able to move it by myself, though.

SHANNON: I guess you’re going to have to find somebody to help you.

BRAD: Well. You’re here now.

SHANNON: I’m busy right now.

BRAD: The longer it takes me to find someone, the longer you’re going to have to wait for me to be out.

SHANNON: No skin off my nose. If you can’t get it moved, you’re just going to have to leave it here. I’m fine keeping it.

BRAD: It’s my stuff, Shannon.

SHANNON: Then you can drag it out of here. I helped move it in, I’m not moving it out again.

BRAD: Fine. Well, if I can’t get it out today, I won’t be able to finish until next week.

SHANNON: Nope. By next week, you won’t live here anymore. I don’t have to let you back in.

BRAD: You weren’t so keen on getting me out of here last week.

SHANNON: Well, last week you were my boyfriend, and I was under the impression that you were happy to be with me. No, under those circumstances I wasn’t so keen.

BRAD: But now you’re kicking my ass to the curb.

SHANNON: It’s where you seem determined to go. And you said I wasn’t helping.

BRAD: What do you want, Shannon? Should I stick around even though it’s not right anymore?

SHANNON: Guess not.

BRAD: Then what am I supposed to do?

SHANNON: Exactly what you’re doing, I guess.

BRAD: Then why are you treating me like such a monster?

SHANNON: I suppose I’m supposed to be the only one who feels bad, then.

BRAD: I didn’t do anything wrong.

SHANNON: You didn’t do anything right, either. You already ripped yourself out of my life. You’re right, you had to do it and I have to deal with it. But I sure as hell don’t have to make it any easier on you.

(She storms out.)

SHANNON: Move your own damn couch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...